Zaveri Bazaar in Mumbai
Only 100% original and best quality jewelries are sold here. The quality is ensured by highly talented and skilled artisans, most of whose families have been doing jewelry business in Zaveri Bazaar area since many generations. And if anything else, artisans of Zaveri Bazaar are best among the world, their designed jewelry products are exported all across the world including Middle Eastern and European countries.
The Primary Jewelry items sold at Zaveri Bazaar includes:
- All kinds of gems and precious stones.
- Bridesmaids Jewelry.
- Jewelry ornaments of traditional Indian designs as well as modern designs.
- Napkin rings/diamond rings
- Gold & sliver coins as well as gold & sliver bar.
Iconic and popular jewelry shops at Zaveri Bazaar
- Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri
- Dwarkadas Chandumal
Some interesting facts about Zaveri Bazaar
- Zaveri Bazaar isn’t posh and affluent shopping area. In fact this area is actually muddle of dingy narrow lanes that are dotted with innumerable jewelry shops. You won’t experience any sophisticated shopping or state-of-the-art facilities here. This place is chaotic, noisy and even little unhygienic.
- Bargain hard here. The best thing to do is to visit as many shops you can and then compare the prices. Don’t just settle for one shop. Remember Zaveri Bazaar has more than 100 jewelry shops, so comparing prices here is a cakewalk.
- Besides being a hub for booming jewelry business, Zaveri Bazaar is also a place which celebrates classic Gothic architectural buildings. Although many of these Victorian Gothic architectural buildings are in depleted conditions, but witnessing these priceless monuments with your naked eyes is indeed a privilege.
- Zaveri Bazaar is probably the only shopping destination in entire Mumbai that is laced with innumerable CCTV cameras, monitoring this critically & immensely important commercial hub 24/7 & 365 days. This place is also regularly rounded up Mumbai police officials. All these security arrangements make this commercial hub one of the most secured shopping destinations in the entire country.
Famous street food and restaurants at Zaveri Bazaar
Shree Mahalaxmi – famous for mustard seed-flecked sev khamni
Address: Shop No.6, Usman Manzil, 3rd Agiary Lane, Zaveri Bazaar
Mokshkari Dugdhapan – famous for Surti milk-based specialties – serves milkshakes and dry-fruit shakes.
Pappu’s Chivda Bhel – this spicy bhel is unlike any other bhel that is found anywhere else in Mumbai
Address: Corner of Dhanji Street and 1st Agiary Lane, Zaveri Bazaar.
Dayaram’s Chhappan Bhog – famous for spicy chaat.
Address: Shop No.2, 191 Kapadiya Building, 2nd Agiary Lane, Zaveri Bazaar.
How to reach Zaveri Bazaar
The total distance between C.S.T station and Zaveri Bazaar is barely 2 km. As for reaching C.S.T station, it is the main terminal of central and harbor railway local trains and hence there can be no dearth of local trains whatsoever for C.S.T station.