Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai
Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai is strategically closely related to Advanced Center for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC). This hospital cum cancer research institute is recognized as one of the most authentic treatment centers for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (A.L.L), and has a claim to cure almost 99% A.L.L. patients treated so far here. Tata Memorial Hospital is one of those few hospitals in India have a P.E.T scanner. Presently the Director of this health institution is Dr Rajendra A Badwe. The hospital is also taking care of Covid 19 patients and has ranks among the best Covid hospitals in Mumbai.
Dr. E Borges Road, Parel, Mumbai - 400 012 India
Tel. +91-22- 24177000, 24177300, 24161413
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org (for patient care and queries)
email@example.com (for feedback from patients)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for accounts related)
email@example.com (for donors and donation related)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for education and training)
email@example.com (for administrative - HRD matters)
TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL: +91-22-24177000, 24177300, 24161413
Parel, Mumbai Maharashtra, India
ACTREC: +91-22-2740 5000, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Webmaster: +91-22-24177000, 24177300, 24161413, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
History of Tata Memorial Hospital
The migration of the administrative body of Tata Memorial Hospital & Cancer Research Institute to the Department of Atomic Energy in the year 1962 was a major change in its history. At the sole effort of Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, the hospital and Cancer Research Institute got merged with each other as the two integral wings of the Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) on the year 1966: this professional merging has initiated a balanced philanthropic venture for eradication and treatment of cancer at the best level support from Indian Government.
Tata Memorial Hospital Offered Services For Patients
Online Patient Service
Out Patient Procedure
Other Value Added Services
Medical Departments in Tata Memorial Hospital
Tata Memorial Hospital maintains different medical departments for offering round the way medical treatment facilities for admitted patients. The concerned departments of Tata Memorial Hospital are:
- Anesthesia department is comprised of 15 consultant anesthetists and more than 40 resident medical professionals including students of post graduate courses. It takes care of anesthesia service, pain management, and in charge of intensive care unit, etc.
- Biochemistry department has three divisions: Main Biochemistry Lab, Tumor Marker Service, and Emergency Service. The department is dedicated to offer the best probable support in diagnosis and monitoring of cancer patients’ disease by using tests and techniques that meet the international standards of quality reassurance while continuing high standard of ethical practice with clinical colleagues, patients and staff.
- Cytopathology Department was established in the year 1957 and currently it has two services to offer like exfoliative cytopathology for gynecological and non-gynecological sites, and fine needle aspiration cytology.
- Dental Department deals with prophylactic denture care of all cancer patients including requisite cancer treatment wrt, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, surgery, bone marrow transplant etc.
- Digestive Diseases Department deals with digestive Diseases and clinical nutrition solution via a wide range of services for patients.
- Hematopathology Department at Tata Memorial Hospital is accredited by NABL. For contact: Department of Hemato-pathology, 7th floor, Annexe Building, Tata Memorial Hospital, Phone: 24177000 Ext: 4367,4530, 4529
- Medical Oncology Department deals with medicinal treatment of cancer with the help of modern anticancer drugs with satisfactory success rate.
- Medical Physics Department works in close association to the Department of Radiation Oncology in radiation treatment arena. The department deals in treatment planning, calibration, Quality assurance and periodical maintenance of treatment machines, monitoring of Radiation Safety as well as of room designing, and concerned education.
- Microbiology Department offers services in areas of Bacteriology, Mycology (Fungal infections), Checkup/investigation of urine and stool, Mycobacteriology (Tuberculosis), Serology for treatment of viral infections, and Molecular diagnostic curative approaches for healing viral infections.
- Nursing Department provides best quality nursing care for patients and assets doctors in offering best quality services.
- Pathology department in Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai deals in four major departments like surgical Pathology, Immunohistochemistry and Molecular Pathology, Hematopathology and Clinical Pathology, cytology, and biochemistry.
- Preventive Oncology suggests solution for prevention of cancerous diseases.
- Radiodiagnosis deals with x-ray, digital mammography, ultra sound color Doppler, computerized CT scan, magnetic resonances Imaging(MRI), Intervention Radiology, Picture Archival And Communication System, etc.
- Nuclear Medicine assists in detecting and treatment of carcinogenic tumor, etc.
- Radiation Oncology is treatment of cancer by radiation: two methods are used here, and these teletherapy and brachytherapy.
- Surgical Oncology deals with surgical intervention for cure and care of cancerous diseases.
- Plastic Surgery deals with deformation and modification of organs for better wellness of life.
- Transfusion Medicine
- General Medicine Department deals with treatment of cancer with medicines, as per symptoms of the concerned patients.
Ancillary Services of Tata Memorial Hospital
- Medical Social Work provides accommodation assistance for needy outstation patients at subsidized rate at first come first serve basis.
- Palliative care of Tata Hospital offers holistic medicinal therapy and support for relief and well being.
- Rehabilitation service offers support for patients to get back to their normal life as maximum as possible.
- Psychiatric unit and clinical psychology supports patients to deal with trauma of the disease.
- Stoma clinic helps in care and cure of cancer patients.
- Tissue Bank is a non-profit service committed to supply of safe, dependable human tissues for transplantation in budget price.
- Tumor Tissue Repository deals with tissue collection and preservation with best possible care and with the use of ultra-modern technology.
- The Public Relation Department monitors customer care and works as liaison between patients and hospital administration department.
Working Hours of Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai
- The working hours of Tata Memorial Hospital are from 9.15 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Working hours get closed at 2.15 p.m. on Saturdays
- The Hospital remains closed on all gazetted Central Government holidays. Emergency services are available at 24x7 manners.