Movie Theatres in Mumbai
In the year 1913, the first Cinema opened in Mumbai. After that the number increased day by day and the whole in Indian cinema changed to an Industry and lot of people continued associating themselves. There are numerous cinema halls in Mumbai or Movie theaters in Mumbai which are catering to the large number of groups and people across Mumbai and it covers the polyglot populations. Previously the Movies halls and the cinema halls were confined to just single halls but due to the development and enhancements of the technology the theaters infrastructures have increased and they have shifted to the Multiplexes.
Best Cinema Halls in MumbaiThere was the time when people used to just pay Rs 1 and Rs 2.50 for witnessing any of the successful movies. In those days the talkies used to be full packed with the people who were ready to witness the movies at any point of time. The trend changed from black and white to color and so the conditions of the halls and the theaters turned into the dilapidated state and the new trend took over the fore front in which the multiplexes have taken the stand which started somewhere in the year 2000.
When some of the big chains like Cinemax, Big Cinema, and Broad ways like leading talkies industries came up. There are very few movies of recent trends being showed in the old Movie theaters in Mumbai like; Maratha Mandir (Mumbai Central), Royal Talkies (Grant Road), Edward Theatre (Dhobi Talao), New Roshan Talkies (Grant Road), Capitol Cinema (CST), Nishat Cinema (Grant Road), Imperial Cinema Hall (Grant Road), Gulshan Theatre (Opera House) and many more Cinemas.
Five Best Cinema Halls of MumbaiCinema halls of Mumbai are almost entertaining than the movies they present or showcase. Top five cinema halls of Mumbai are – Liberty (Art Deco landmark), G7 (movie theatre for the Masses), Ebony Lounge at Metro Big cinemas( As plush as it gets on), PVR of Juhu and Phoenix (Hipsters of Mumbaikers and Food Porn) and the Inox Santacruz (bollywood on the budget).
Malls with Top Rated Multiplexes in Mumbai
- Infinity Mall,
- Lokhandwala (Andheri, Andheri West, Mumbai, Ph.No-022-26372804),
- The Mall (Malad west, station Road, Mumbai),
- Atria the Millennium mall, Worli (Wing Royal Garden, Dr. Annie Besant Road, opposite poonam chambers, Worli, Mumbai),
- Little World Mall, Kharghar (Sector no-2, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai),
- Cine Wonder Mall (Chitalsar Manpada, Ghodbhunder Road, Kapurbawdi, Thane west, Thane, Phone No-022-26841616,022-25899297)
- High Street Mall (Majiwada, Kapurbavdi junction, Bhiwandi Road, Majiwada, Thane West, Thane)
- Nakshatra (Dadar West, Ph No-022-24360794,9820362576, Ranade Road, Dadar West, Mumbai)
- Haware Centurion Mall (Sector-19, Nerul east, Navi Mumbai, Ph. No-022-67919800, Opposite sea woods Railway station)
- Star Mall (Dadar West, N.C. Kelkar Road, Dadar West, Mumbai. Ph. No-022-24361609, Opposite Plaza cinema)
- Growel’s 101 Mall (Akurli Road, off western Express Highway, Kandivali East, Mumbai, Phone No-022-66993000)