Hanging Garden in Mumbai
It is a much cleaned and well maintained garden filled with a number of colorful flowers and one will get to see a number of plants that has been never seen before.
Features of Hanging Gardens in Mumbai
- The Entrance of the garden is greeted by a animal made from hedge which gives a very amazing entry into the park.
- Another beautiful feature of this Garden is a plant sculptured of Hindu deity Lord Hanuman holding a mice in his right hand and the Dronogiri Mountain on his other hand and with flowers sprung on his tail.
- There are a number of beautiful flowers that will give immense peace and pleasure to the mind like there are flowers with multiple petals, yellow colored buttercups shining brightly in the sunshine.
- Another attraction is Bunch of Canna (Italian Group) called yellow king Humbert.
- There is another feature of a plant hedges in the shape of a giraffe eating grass, then another sculpture of a man ploughing two bulls. One cannot understand these sculptures very easily until and unless one sees it in full concentrated mind as it is so beautifully done.
- Then there are pink and white daisies, beautiful bougainvillea trees, plant sculptured into a man sitting over a elephant, Casuarina tree trimmed into layers, beautiful sunflowers and unbelievably beautiful rare plants with vibrant colors.
- Another beautiful feature which is like the flame of the garden is a reddish maroon bush in the middle of the garden.
- A very important feature of this garden is a sundial that measures time according to the position of the sun. The shadow of the sun indicates the time.
- For getting relief from the scorching heat of the sun there is a garden trellis. It is a dome shaped structure with creepers on it.
- The periphery of the garden toward its exit has a big jackfruit tree and cannonball tree, which is also a best place to relax.
Timings of the park: Everyday 5.00a.m -9 p.m