Colaba Causeway in Mumbai
The essence of Colaba Causeway is its clutters of stalls and small shops that are literally stringed together. In these clutter of shops & stalls one will find all the hot selling items. All kinds of trendy western cloths, jewelries, antique items, electronic products, footwear, CDs & DVDs and even books.
Important Things about Colaba CausewayThings that any new visitor to Colaba Causeway should know about.
- Bargain as hard as you can. Start bargaining from 50% of the quoted price and then gradually raise your price.
- The place is full of chaos, so get ready for some jostling & pushing. If you want to avoid crowd then go during afternoon from 1 pm to 4:30 pm. If you don’t want mind crowd, then you can visit this place on Saturday & Sunday when the crowd is at its fullest.
- Colaba Causeway also has many upmarket retail stores that sell many international brands; obviously you can’t bargain here.
- This place is also dotted with many high end restaurants where you can taste many intercontinental cuisines. Colaba Causeway also has a McDonald outlet.
Famous Upmarket Retail Stores at Colaba Causeway
- Cotton Colour – sells apparel for men and women at nominal price.
- Curio Cottage – sells high quality jewelry items – very near to Regal Cinema.
- Cottage Industries Exposition – sells furniture and home decorative items.
- The Oak Tree – sells western apparel for men as well as women.
- Khubsons – sells huge varieties of Tantra t-shirts and kurtas for both men and women.
Famous Restaurants in and around Colaba Causeway
- Delhi Darbar – immensely famous for its Mughlai cuisine.
- Piccadilly – serves multi continental cuisines.
- Cafe Churchill
- Mings Palace - immensely popular for its Chinese cuisines.
- Kailash Parbat
- Gokul - A very famous bar that serves alcohol at very cheap price; located exactly behind Taj Mahal hotel. Visit this bar especially during weekend evenings.