British Council Mumbai
British Council, an international organization that works from Britain but has its establishments in many countries. It is registered as a charity in England, wales and Scotland. It was established to promote the interests of United Kingdom with the introduction of cultural and educational associations with other countries. The British Council was passed by a royal charter which was duly signed by King George VI in 1934.
General Facts about British Council:Chief Executive- Martin Davidson
Headquarters- Spring Gardens, Whitehall, London and UK.
Offices- Belfast (Ireland)
Established in 110 countries across 233 cities and towns. In context to India, where the country is developing in various fields, Literature occupies a major prospect. Following are the British Council offices located in the major cities of India like; New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chandigarh.
The Mumbai branch of British Council is the largest office of all. British Council has many services to offer which is quite pocket friendly for the students.
Some of their services are listed below:
- Teaching- in the field of English Language.
- Library- offers access to a variety of books in the fields related to education, fiction, travel etc.
- Examination Services- IELTS (important for admission and migration). Exams related to professional fields of Medicine,Marketing, management and law and are held at various centres.
With the establishment of British Council Mumbai, many activities and operations have been made easy and accessible with the introduction of online services. The introduction of My Library, where students can access and keep a record of their book even online, has become an important feature of British Council Library.
My Library is an online portal which enables members to select and order online. The home delivery makes it easy to be delivered at home and also to be collected back. Many ebooks are also available for online reading. British Coucil Mumbai offers membership plans to suit as per the needs of an individual, person or enterprise.
Membership plan for Limited account with a validity of 1 year and Rs 300 as registration:
- Individual- 2 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs.1600
- Classic- 3 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs. 2500
- Family- 5 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs. 4500
Membership plan for Unlimited account with a validity of 1 year and Rs. 300 as registration:
- Classic Gold- 3 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs.3600 (offers unlimited books in a year)
- Family Gold- 5 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs.5400 (offers unlimited books in a year)
Membership plan for Enterprise account with a validity of 1 year and Rs.1000 as registration. This plan offers unlimited books in a year.
- Corporate Silver- 10 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs.10,000
- Corporate Gold- 15 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs.15000
- Corporate Platinum- 45 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs.30000
- Corporate Diamond- 60 books at a time @ a subscription of Rs.40000
A specific membership plan is also available for those who are always on the go and E books are the best solution for them:
- With only a subscription of Rs.1100 for 1 year they get access to 70,000 e-books.
British Council Division
British Deputy High Commission
901, 9th Floor, Tower 1, One India bulls Center
841 Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road (West)
Contact Number- (022) 67486748
Fax- (022) 67486814
Timings- Monday to Saturday (10AM to 6PM)
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0