Consumer Courts in Mumbai

Consumer courts are the places where a consumer can lodge his/her complain about a product or service after its purchase. Being a big and populated city, Mumbai has millions of shops and retail outlets and for obvious consequences there are some customers complaints are found now and then. There are some cases where consumers do not get proper service from the shopkeepers post purchase of products or services. In these cases it is always wise to visit consumer court of Mumbai to get justice on the disputed purchase.

consumer courts Mumbai

Different Consumer courts in Mumbai

In order to systematize customer grievances Mumbai government runs several consumer courts located at different regions in Mumbai. Presently, the addresses of Mumbai consumer courts are:

Consumer Court in Central Mumbai
Address: 6th Floor, Arun Chambers, Tardeo, Mumbai
Phone number: 022 / 24937770

Consumer Court in Mumbai Suburban

Address: New Administrative Bldg., 3rd floor, Bandra (East), Mumbai
Phone number: 022 / 26551625

Consumer Court in South Mumbai

Address: 6th Floor, Arun Chambers, Tardeo, Mumbai
Phone number: 022 / 24911734

Consumer Court in Thane

Address: Collectorate Office, 2nd Floor, Room no.214, Thane
Phone number: 022 / 25344069

Documents required for filing case in Consumer Court

In order to lodge a complaint file for decision of consumer court, a consumer has to furnish some documents. These are:
  • The consumers must submit the proof of purchase of goods/services from a retail unit/business organization.
  • The consumer must confirm that entirely the related facts for providing support for the case filed are evidently and explicitly stated in the complaint.
  • The petitioner shall submit the complaint in the district forum under the jurisdiction the opposition party is residing or running his office/retail, wholesale shop or within whose jurisdiction the cause of complaint has arisen. The consumers should confirm that prescribed fee is paid via crossed Demand Draft / or Indian Postal Order in favor of Mumbai Consumer Court.
  • The complaint is introduced in the proper forum within the stipulated period of 2 years from the date of cause of action.
  • The last paragraph of the complaint should include the Prayer Clause, the relief, compensation etc. pursued from the concerned Forum.

Fees required for consumer court Mumbai

There are different slabs for consumer court fees. A consumer lodging a complaint needs to submit the requisite fees along with the fee.
  • Up to 1 lakh rupees fee for consumer courts complain is Rs. 100
  • No fees required for BPL listed Indian citizens.
  • Above 1 lakh & up to 5 lakh the fee is Rs. 200
  • Above five lakh & up to 10 lakh Rs. 400
  • Above 10 lakh & up to 20 lakh the fee is Rs. 500

State Commission:

• Above 20 lakh & up to 50 lakh Rs. 2000
  • Above 50 lakh & up to 1 crore Rs. 4000

Trivia

• The Consumer Court Mumbai has the power to decide on the case and release order for remittance of compensation for the complaint. These courts can also move ex-parte on a specific case if it is found that one party has not represented allegedly before the forum.
  • In a complaint form traditionally a prayer to court is found also attached in the end which speaks of the compensation expected.
  • All the cases of the consumer redressal forum are found uploaded at regular basis online and common people can monitor a case’s progress through the free CONFONET service available online.

4790
  • TWEET THIS
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - Consumer Courts in Mumbai

Loader
  • S
    Sarfaraz shaikh from Mumbai 3 Days ago

Mujhe dish TV ne bohot pareshan Kiya hai 3 month ke recharge pe 80 din chalta hai aur about new recharge karke mujhe 3 din hochuke hai Lekin about bhi active nhi huwa hai call karne par Bolte hai kal tak chalu hojaiga wait karo plz help me

• P
    Pawan kumar ojha from Kalyan mumbai 3 Days ago

होम लोन सब्सिडी नही मिल रहा है कारण की रजिस्ट्रेशन में पत्नी का नाम नही है सो बैंक बोलता है नाम डलवाना पड़ेगा सो हमारे ऐरिया का रजिस्ट्रेशन बंद कर रखा है सरकार ने डेढ़ साल से सो सहयता करने की कृपा करें

• A
    Ajay Mehta from Mumbai 3 Days ago

Tikona broadband service are harassing for pmt of Rs.600. I had requested them to disconnect but they do not disconnect your connection and keep billing you. I paid 3 months of charges even though I did not want their pathetic wifi which hardly worked.Later I cut the wire and asked them to disconnect.Now they are calling me for payment of 600(250 for 1 month +late charges). something needs to be done for such cheater companies and should be brought to justice by imposing huge fines. Does someone have a idea to teach Tikona a good leason???

• S
    Sudhir Dhanawade from Dombivali 3 Days ago

Dear sir, My name is Sudhir Dhanawade. I am completing of videocon D2h. I have recharged my plan which is super gold marathi. In that plan start sport Channel are available to this channel not displayed. And some of another's channels are not displayed. I have try lots of mails and call b7t

• A
    Ali Abbas sayed from Mumbai santacruz 90 Days ago

I got led TV in2016 I do extra warranty for 3 year I pay him extra 1180 rupee I canplainting till one month for repair they have not responding and I have all the paper

• G
    Ganesh Mishra from MUMBAI 90 Days ago

We want to raised the complaint about customer pls help out on this. How to complain.....

G
    Ganesh Mishrafrom MUMBAI 92 Days ago

????????????????????? Some pls help out

• T
    TRUPTI J MEHTA from MUMBAI 90 Days ago

we have purchased a led 43 philips tv from vijay sales borivali branch on 30.3.2017. before one and half month the panel of the same instrument is defective and we made complaint to customer care. i was told by lady on customer care that she will get back to h.o. of vijay sales. before that technical person came to inspect the instrument and told us he will replace the panel after 15days. unfortunately, they did not revert back.while we called them at service centre, they replied to contact vijay sales.unfortunately, the lady on customer was so arrogant with customer. her atitude was so rude, that you can never go back to any vijay sales depot for any electronic purchase. we have the worst experience. H.O. has given us buy back offer after decduction of depreciatition which comes about 40%. which is not acceptable by us.

• C
    ChandigarhLife 2018 from chandigarh 197 Days ago

Chandigarh Life is an online magazine providing the latest news & updates ab out the things happening in and around the City Beautiful Chandigarh. https://chandigarhlife.net/

• M
    MEHBOOB ARAB from MUMBAI 213 Days ago

mehboobarab@gmail.com

• M
    MEHBOOB ARAB from MUMBAI 213 Days ago

we had purchased 4k uhd 43 inch led tv of philips from vijay sales of 5 years warranty since last one month my tv is dead due to mother board problem the technician of philips tv visited on 16 aug and and told us he will replace the defected parts within a week but is hasnt been replaced yet after one month and the vijay sales person are only giving time to wait but not taking any action against philips company so we want to lodged complaint against vijay sales and philips company what is the procedure

• Y
    YASHWANT TAHASILDAR from Mumbai 228 Days ago

Sir, Ujwala Society, Charkop, Kandivali West Mumbai 67 has installed CCTV camera in our society on rental basis. We have terminated the contract due to poor service in 2015. We have also terminated ECS mandate by intimating them in writing. Even after tremintermi of contract. The Zicom company has deducted money from our society account in 2017. Which were refunded after our complaint. Again in 2018 they have deducted money from our account. Even after repeated complaint since last 4 months till today they have not refunded our money. Now they are not replying to our phone call, whatWhat message and email too. We have all the documentary proof. Kindly guide us. 9869246989

• S
    Sanjay jha from Mumbai 232 Days ago

Complent related Sahara India

• G
    GEETU BARAR from Mumbai 240 Days ago

Problem regarding the credit car d issu

• V
    Vijay kanse from Mumbai 240 Days ago

Sir i am a civil contractor. Worked for Pancard club for their pune hotel civil and interior work and completed on April 2015. Amt of bill rs 1292000.00 Amount pending till today rs 761373.00. Can i file complaint in this court?

• v
    vinay k n from mumbai 240 Days ago

I went out for lunch to Zaffran restaurant at 101 Growel Mall, Kandivili (East) Mumbai yesterday. I was levied a service charge of 10% in the bill. I asked the captain as to why the charge is levied when the govt has clearly indicated that the charge is invalid. He stated that all their bills have the charge and they have put a board outside the restaurant regarding the same, indicating that if a customer walks in after that, then he is liable to pay. This charge is illegal and they are blatantly adding it. How does one get the same rectified. Is legal recourse possible to get back the service charge and also stop the practice??

• J
    Jyoti from Mumbai 240 Days ago

I, Jyoti want to a file complaint against to grofers company. I place one order order id is ordo089675226 super store chembur. My total order amount is 1115 rs. And 518rs. I will pay to wallet and rest of amount pay to cash on delivery but the delivery boy collect to my home is 1115rs. I try to continue call to one and half hours but he didn't reply and receive my call. Delivery boy name is Ravi Dinesh Morya no. Is 09768467615. Kindly do needful as soon as possible

• W
    Wakil Ahmed from Mumbai 240 Days ago

I want to file case in consumer court

• j
    jagesh majmundar from Mumbai 262 Days ago

I, Jagesh Majmundar, want to file a complaint against BANKEDGE CLASS (PROBE). I took admission for my daughter, Ms Trishala Majmundar on 16th January, 2018 by paying the amount of INR 35,000 as fees. The classes have blocked my daughter’s account (IQBQ) on their site due to which she is not able to study and submit her assignments and also she is unable to take up the end term examination. My daughter had given an interview for kotak Mahindra bank regional office, thane for the post of virtual relationship manager on Wednesday 28th March, 2018. My daughter got shortlisted for the post. She informed about the same to sonali madam from Bankedge when my daughter went for the lecture in the head office in sakinaka on Friday 30th March, 2018. Bankedge sent other interview drive for the same bank, Kotak Mahindra along with the threatening mail due to which my daughter had to attend the second interview of the same bank and again got shortlisted for the post on Thursday 5th April, 2018. The same day Sonali madam from Bankedge created a misunderstanding with the Kotak Mahindra bank due to which my daughter lost both the job opportunities. On the same day Sonali madam blocked my daughter’s IQBQ section; also she did not allow my daughter to appear for AXIS BANK’S aptitude test which was supposed to be on 8th April, 2018. On 5th April, 2018, I along with my daughter went to Bankedge head office to meet Mr Abhay Chaudhry and Sonali madam. We requested both of them to unblock my daughter and allow her to take AXIS BANK’S test and give her another bank interview opportunity. They asked my daughter to send them an apology/ request mail on Monday 9th April, 2018. Accordingly my daughter sent Sonali madam an apology/request mail on Monday 9th April, 2018 and when after not getting any response from them my daughter again sent an apology/request mail again on Thursday 12th April, 2018. Also my daughter has been trying to call in the classes many times but she did not get the respons

• S
    Saqlain Abbas Zaidi from Andheri, Mumbai 267 Days ago

Purchased two pairs of pants from VAM Fashion located in marol Andheri East, and both the paints got faded in three wash, he is not ready to accept and he doesn't know the meaning of over coloured and faded he slid selling duplicate brands in the name of original so he is not giving and invoices to customers

• M
    Mrs Munish Singh from Mumbai 268 Days ago

I have complain against Snapdeal Company. They are not taking product back despite of bad quality and despite it falling under return category. Very bad website horrible experience

• P
    Pooja Pramod Bandivadekar from Goregaon, Mumbai 268 Days ago

I have a complain against bajaj fin serve, executive of these firm capture wrong details for ECS of EMI and harass customer by calling and using abusive language. and leading also with forcefully application of charges for bounce cheque amounts. does any executive from any firm has a right to call an elder customer and abuse her when not her mistake??

• S
    Shwetta mehta from Vasai road wes 268 Days ago

I have booked my tour from KCD TRAVEL PORTICO(KANDIVALI) for HIMACHAL AFTER paying total amount of ittenary that is 143000 the vendor of KCD TRAVEL PORTICO demanded extra 40000 without any reason.now we are demanding our booking id KCD TRAVEL PORTICO is not even replying to us.in big trouble need your help thank you

• S
    Santosh from Karad 268 Days ago

We have received little bit empty cylinder from SuparnBharat gas from Karad city, Priviously (First week on this month)we have received cylinder, we have already raised the query in Suparnbharat gas Agency, but they didn't reply to us. please may I request to you please treat as urgent basis and help us as soon. Thanks in advance.

• S
    Smita singh from Navi mumbai Ulwe 268 Days ago

We have been trying to call videocon customer care customer care from so long and they didnt even show up to check the setup box and then they have this awesome policy of not returning money of customer after cancellation.Its almost 15 20 days since we raised a complaint . They have got the worst customer care and they are not even returning our money. Complaint number 607971234Complaint number 597130714

• E
    Eesh from Mumbai 268 Days ago

I have booked online course from IELTS Ninja a week back. I have planned not to pursue the course sue to their un professionalism. Inspite of paying fees, there is no response from their end. When I have asked to return my money back. They are giving lame answers. Please guide here.

• S
    Sayed Amber from Mumbai 285 Days ago

Hello sir, mujhe English itni koi khas nahi ati hai Isiliye mai apni baat hindi me bata raha hu please meri help kare maine last month ek cooler kharida tha symphony touch 35 online flipkart se lekin ab vo chalte chalte band hogaya customer care service ko phone laga laga kar pareshan hogaya hu lekin koi response nahi mil raha please agar aap me se koi meri help kar sakta hai to please meri help karo

• S
    Santosh dehu choraghe from Kulgoan badlapur 285 Days ago

I want to file complaint against mseb, i am using electricity since 4 months, my electricity bill since 4 months only 280 rs per month, but this month bill is 2070rs and reading showing on bill is 345which is wrong reading, my actual and current reading is 145 they people are jst trying to make us fool

• G
    Geeta from Rawal 286 Days ago

I want to file complaint against HONDA Company. I purchased Activa 125 from Honda Chembur Showroom named as Pilot 2 Wheelers pvt ltd. puchase date is 07/12/2017 at Rs. 75000/ in cash. the company provide me defective pcs, already in six month i complaint in Honda service center in 4 time but they are give temporary solution to me .I ask them please refund my money or replacement of Activa but they said to me that they dont give any replacement or refund now what should i do please give some suggestion.

3 0
  • Y
    Yash Dipesh Desai from Mumbai 286 Days ago

I bymistakely ordered one plus 6 midnight black instead of mirror black and I would have cancelled the order but the delivery boy came on the next day of delivery when I was not there and even on that day I told delivery boy to come before 2 but he didn't came and came after 2 when I was not present and now when I m asking them to refund or replacement of it they are not responding and telling no even if it is their fault

2 0
  • A
    Ajay Yadav from Mumbai 286 Days ago

Hi team, I want file complaints against broker " Mr. TIWARI, Jai Guru Enterprises" who is not giving me my remaining deposit ₹26480. I informed about my date of leaving 16th June 2018, rented room about a month earlier. At that time he said he will give me ₹40000 as which I given as security deposit. day by day is giving false commitment about giving deposits. Now he is saying to give in week. Request you to help me and file complaints against him. He is also not answering phone calls .On 16th June I came to Gurgaon from Mumbai as my new company is in Gurgaon which I have informed a month before. Currently I am in Delhi. //Ajay Yadav

• U
    Umesh from Navi mumbai 332 Days ago

Sir , my son has taken admission for 11th and 12th std in a private coaching classes last year.Their teaching is not good and not covered the syllabus as well and hence my sons performance in exam was not up to our expetation.We have decided to discontinue from 2nd year.we have paid full fees at the start of 11th std.we have asked for refund fees, till today there is no response from them. May i take legal help from consumer court ?

• p
    prashant mengle from Mumbai 336 Days ago

Dear Sir / Madam, Our TV set of Videocon which we purchase from Vijay Sales, Mahim Branch, Mumbai & it is in warranty. In month of march it is stop working so we call Vijay sales service centre. On 13 March 18 one person from videocon company came to our home & bring out TV set with him & saying, "This TV set will not repair here & I will bring it to service centre & will return you in one week. But till date we have not yet received our TV set. Now it is more than one month. My uncle who is 72 years old visit several times in Vijay Sales, Mahim, Mumbai showroom. I also visit the same showroom.But everything was futile. I am not satisfied with the product and after sale service given by your representative of Videocon as well as Vijay Sales. Please look into the matter very seriously, otherwise I would compel to write a complaint in consumer forum. Contact Person Vikas, Vijay Sale, Mahim Showroom, Mumbai. Tel – 022 6171 1515 Normal 0 false false false EN US X NONE X NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

• N
    Nirmala from Mumbai 381 Days ago

Property purchased & entered in the agreement in 2014, also paid possession chgs in the year 2015 but builder has not provided committed amenities yet & construction is of sub standard quality therefore possession yet not accepted. In this case can customer file complaint in District Consumer forume?? 2 years aftr cause of action clause applied from which dt?? Plz advice.

• S
    Sampat balduwa from Bhayander west 486 Days ago

Mai mere mobile operators mujhe mera porting coed nahi de raha hai aur jabardasti mujhe rok rakhna hai mujhe uss par kanon no karwai Karna hai usske liye mujhe ucchit margdarshan chahiye

• S
    Suresh C Mistry from Bhayankar west 573 Days ago

Dear sir /MedamI have purchase LYF mobile on 13/10/2016 At nightSo faulty handset 2 days letter submitted for voice problemSecond problem lost network any time 3 time Chaing combo display and 3 time Chaing PBC Motherboard.In which 6 month Last 19/07/2017 my handset ls 5018 submit and replace it me new. Box pack ls 5018 LYF Mobile Still now as it is problem . Last month submit in lyf center 2 days letter return me upgrade software Still now above problem.I have all proof of faced problem So I don't want this handset now I want return my bill amount i need my money back. Ok sidhi.How many formated and software upgrade by lyf center i don't know sir.In short i need my money back i don't want this handset.Plz your suggestions I want claim again Lyf mobile company.So it's possible?

• D
    Dasrath Sahoo from Mumbai 1429 Days ago

How much a lawyer charge for fighting case in consumer court

m
    mumbaionline.in Expertfrom 1064 Days ago

Hi! It depends from one lawyer to other. Though the fee is nominal.

1 7